HC Home - HC (A-Z) - Court Agenda - County Directory - Employees - County Holidays
Harris County
    Community Services Department
Search Harris County

Skip Navigation LinksAmerican Recovery and Reinvestment Act

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)


President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 into law on February 17, 2009. Unprecedented in its effort, the ARRA created innovative programs that would stimulate the economy by modernizing infrastructure, enhancing energy independence, expanding educational opportunities, preserving and improving affordable health care, providing tax relief, and protecting those in greatest need. Included in ARRA is over $13 billion in programs administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD distributed the majority of these funds (75 percent) to eligible grantees through formula grants and the remaining 25 percent was allotted for competitive grant programs.

As an entitlement grantee of HUD, Harris County Community Services Department (HCCSD) was eligible to receive formula grants from HUD programs that promote stable communities and provide assistance for families affected by the economic crisis. To be eligible for these funds, HCCSD submitted Amendments to its2008-2012 Consolidated Plan and Program Year 2008 Annual Action Plan. Below is a list of programs that HCCSD is participating in as a result of ARRA: HCCSD's participation in any competetive funding for these programs is detailed in the program specific webpage.

For a complete listing of projects for all Harris County Departments funded through ARRA, please visit Harris County's ARRA page.

   Printer-Friendly Page

For suggestions or comments regarding this site please email us at webcomments@hctx.net.

The information contained in this site was valid at the time of posting. Harris County assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Moreover, Harris County is not responsible for the content nor endorses any site which has a link from this page. For additional information please review our Privacy Policy and our Accessibility Statement.